Saturday, August 1, 2009

Latest Projects: Baby Booties & Tie-Dye Parachute Pants

Here are two projects that I finished the other day!
The first one is a pair of baby booties made from a cotton fat quarter with primary-colored shapes. They are so soft and flexible since they are made entirely of cotton fabric and fusible fleece for padding. I got the pattern from Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones. I whipped them up very quickly, and just noticed that there is a remnant of water soluble blue ink still on one of the booties - oops! Anyhow, they were super-simple to make and took an hour, tops. This means that I will probably be making many more of these between now and September 30th!







Next is a pair of infant pants! I made these from a bright tie-dye print thermal knit remnant that I had leftover from another project. They are super-baggy and comfy-looking - like parachute pants for babies! I used Burda 9617 to make them. These also took no time to whip up, so I will making more of these as well!








1 comment: