Sunday, August 3, 2014

In the Works!

I have a couple projects currently in the works!  First of all, I scored an amazing 1970s pantsuit at the Goodwill in Black Mountain, NC that I want to alter into something more wearable.  Here it is in all of its tacky floral polyester glory!  I'm keeping the pants as is; all they need is to be taken in at the elastic waistline.  





I'm definitely going to reconstruct the butterfly collar shirt and mix it with a solid colored stretch knit fabric.  I'm thinking about using the Briar pattern as a template. 


And here's a preview of my latest make.  All I have left is the bottom hem!  I used an incredible rayon from Wanderlust Fabrics.  The pattern is from 1994 and I thought the floral print was very reminiscent of the 1990s, especially when it comes to baby doll jumpers, which is the view I'm making. 


No comments:

Post a Comment