Wednesday, September 2, 2009

1970s Fashion Icon: Valerie Harper as Rhoda

I have been obsessed with the 1970s television show Rhoda lately. I've been watching episodes from the first season on Hulu. They are all so funny and smartly written. In fact, I can't think of a single television sitcom today that even comes close to the amazing array of characters that populated most 1970s sitcoms in general!



Valerie Harper as Rhoda was a true 1970s fashion icon. She totally rocked high waist, wide-leg pants, butterfly collar blouses, puff sleeve blazers, floaty hostess dresses, scarves and turbans! She even earned her living as a window dresser / fashion merchandiser!






Here are a few vintage 1970s sewing patterns that remind me of Rhoda's amazing style. All were found on Etsy!






2 comments:

  1. I LOVE RHODA! Ah, sweet memories of daytime syndicated television...I had no idea the show was on Hulu. Thanks so much for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection of vintage patterns, Have a sweet weekend x

    ReplyDelete