Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Little 1960s Inspiration....Just Because!

I have a bad habit of saving random images onto my computer without keeping track of where they came from. I saved all of these images because they are connected to the 1960s in one way or another and, well, I LOVE 1960s fashion.

When I lived in Los Angeles many many years ago, I was fortunate enough to attend a 1960s "Mods and Rockers" themed film festival at the Egyptian Theatre. I had already been long-obsessed with 1960s pop culture, but this specific event is what inspired me to teach myself how to sew with the hope that I would eventually be able to make my own 1960s style dresses. Hopefully you will find these images as inspiring as I have!


Models from the 1966 film Where Are You, Polly Maggoo?


Mia Farrow during the filming of Rosemary's Baby.


Twiggy wearing the most exquisite babydoll mini dress!


Amazing 1960s color block dress.


Lush red babydoll dress with all of the most drool-worthy details (sheer balloon sleeves, pintucked bodice, buttons and a bow!).


Linen color block dress with a keyhole peek-a-boo bodice.


Sylvie Vartan wearing a snappy Peter Pan collar dress and jacket.


I love oddly-shaped collars like this one! These were used heavily during the 1960s, especially on little girls' dresses.


Detail of a stunning layered petal petal bodice from a 1960s Vogue Couturier pattern.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pics! The babydoll dress Twiggy is wearing is very much like Vogue 6241 which I just got yesterday! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics, I would love to wear that red dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can i please have the red dress, the purple/white one and a place in the two-tone group pic? thank you in advance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to see these pics! I really wanted to be Twiggy at that time :-)

    ReplyDelete