Thursday, August 12, 2010

Completed Project: Burda "Marilyn" Trousers

I was able to steal a few minutes today to finally take photos of my completed Marilyn trousers (taken outside in the 100 degree heat, no less)! I used a lovely brown herringbone wool/rayon blend suiting to make them - a steal at $6.00 per yard at Jo-Ann Fabrics. This is the first time that I've used a Burda pattern and, even with the limited diagrams, the trousers were pretty simple to make and I am anxious to use Burda patterns again! I'm really pleased with these and will definitely be wearing them often this fall and winter.

The only alteration I did add was to an extra inch to the length because I think the cropped version from the original Burda photo looks quite awkward:


  1. Great work, looks better than on the Burda photos.

    Burda trousers usually have a better fit than other pattern I have tried. Neue Mode, Stil patterns were the best, but that brand is gone now.

  2. I was going to say the same thing... Your version (and pics!) look so much better than Burda. Looks great, and I can see this being worn in the Fall and Winter! Beautiful, beautiful :)

    And oh, congrats!!!! I just took a peek at "Rhinestones and Telephones" and saw that you're a WINNER of a giveaway! Congrats, sweets! I'm happy you won!! :)