Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Vintage Fashion Images from a 1981 Springfield, MO Arts Magazine

My husband and I have lived in a quaint little 1950s duplex in downtown Springfield, MO for the past 5 months. I just found out several weeks ago that our neighbor, a really cool older guy, owned a downtown Springfield vintage clothing shop during the late 1970s/early 1980s called Lacey's Parlor, which specialized in Edwardian through 1950s fashion! To prove it, he lent me a local Springfield arts magazine (called, simply, Magazine) that was published in 1981. The black and white photos are so amazing that I just had to share them!


Ad for Lacey's Parlor.


Handmade white cotton nightgown from 1900.


My neighbor, Jerry, looking suave in a 1940s suit with flowered tie and panama hat.


1939 beaded crepe evening dress.


1918 silk gown and jacket.


Haunting photography by Frank Schwartz.


Haunting photography by Frank Schwartz.


The "I hate fashion" look, as modeled by a local college student.


Ornate glass headdress by Gerald Goodwin.

3 comments:

  1. I love this post this is showing the classic fashion in classic fashion i like shoes or boots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi great reading yyour post

    ReplyDelete