Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I've Been Tagged!

The lovely Lisette at the Vintage or Bust! blog has tagged me. This is the first time I've been tagged and the questions are really fun, so thanks!

1. You must get the haircut/style of a cartoon character. Who would you choose?
Josie from Josie and the Pussycats - she has the cutest mod bob!

2. Name one vintage style/type of garment/accessory from your favorite era that you could do without.
Hmmm....I really love 1970s fashion, but I could probably do without the over sized eyeglasses/sunglasses that came back into style several years ago.

3. What fabulous fabric do you have that you will never make anything out of because you are afraid to ruin it?
I have a piece of vintage 1950s sheer burgundy dotted swiss fabric stashed away. I've had it for at least 10 years. Even though I found it an an antique store for really cheap, I can't bring myself to make anything from it because it's so fragile!

4. What is your favorite modern magazine?
I don't read many magazine at all, actually. I think the last one I bought was an issue of Bust, though.

5. What do you do to pick yourself up on a crummy day?
Sew, Baby, Sew!!!!

6. You get to be an extra in a period film. Which one?
Do films from the 1960s count? If so, I would choose Blow Up. I had a big crush on David Hemmings when I first saw it 20 years ago and I always wished I could be a fashion model in swinging London! If not, then I would choose to be an extra in the Merchant-Ivory adaptation of A Room With A View.

7. What are your thoughts on Steampunk? Does it pique your vintage taste?
I like the dark Victorian-era romanticism of the Steampunk look, but don't have the slightest interest in trying the look myself.

8. What is your go-to neutral?
Denim, for me, has become the modern neutral. You can wear it with anything. So a pair of denim jeans is my go-to neutral.

No comments:

Post a Comment