Thursday, June 3, 2010

"New" Vintage Pattern Arrival + New Project In The Works!

This pattern arrived in the mail today - YAY!


You know how you tend to see the same patterns over and over again on different pattern sites (especially patterns from the 1960s and 1970s)?Well, I'd never seen this one before, so I had to grab it right away! I found it at Vintage Core Patterns on Etsy. I can't wait to make it - I'll probably start with the dress after I finish my current project, which involves this hilarious fabric:



I'm actually using a 1980s sewing pattern for this one. I don't usually work with 1980s patterns, but something about this fabric was just begging to be made into a 1980s dress! I'll probably finish the dress tonight, but will be away from my computer during the weekend so I'll post photos early next week. By the way, I love how the "nerds" on this fabric are wearing the "obvious" nerd accessory - eyeglasses! I've had this fabric in my stash for 3 years. I am really and truly trying not to buy any more fabric unless I find some at an estate auction or thrift store for so cheap that I just can't pass it up!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, try WORKING in a place that archives vintage patterns. I feel like I see the same ones every semester, which I guess makes sense because I'm in charge of getting rid of all the duplicate patterns.
    I'm very jealous of that fabric. VERY jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Thank you for the mention! I have sold so many patterns, I usually remember them! I cannot believe I let that one GO! I want it back! LOL

    ReplyDelete